FEATURED VIDEOS

 

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pretty Pieces




Hi everyone!  Welcome to this week's Mod Squad challenge!   My challenge for you today uses one of my favorite techniques... which means it is REALLY easy, because I usually avoid technique challenges completely!! : )  Here's my card... let's see if you can figure out the challenge...


YES!  Paper Piecing! 
If you're not sure what that is, there is a fantastic video on StampTV HERE - and you'll even have one of Gina's adorable cards to CASE if you watch it!! 

I used some bright and cheery designer paper from two different Gina K paper packs - Birthday Hoot and Here Comes the Sun - for my background layer.  I stamped the butterfly from the Don't Lose Hope Stamp Set Duo onto a white Vintage Cuts oval, then paper pieced the wings with a scrap of Here Comes the Sun paper.  I layered my oval onto a Vintage Cuts Scalloped Oval from the Fancy Frames pack and attached it to my project with pop dots.  The little "flight path" is actually a stamp from the adorable Autumn Blessings mini set.  

So... your mission for this week is to 

Use Paper Piecing on your card.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

OH!  And it is PRIZE WEEK!

The winner of this week's challenge will receive a $50 Gina K gift certificate!  WooHoo!

Ok, here are the rules:

-Please create a new card/project for each challenge.

-You may use any vendors/products.

-The host/hostess will choose 3 winners.

-All 3 cards will be pinned to our Mod Squad Challenge Blog Pinterest Board (follow the link on the right column) and when there is a craft prize the host/hostess will choose one from among those 3 winning cards. The winners will be announced in a separate post that will go up on Tuesdays before the next challenge post goes up. Any winners of craft prizes have 1 week to respond to claim the prize. Prizes that are unclaimed will be offered again on another challenge.

-Our challenges may be combined with up to 4 other challenges, so to be eligible for any prizes and Pinning you can have a total of 5 challenges you've entered. We rely on the honor system so please be honest.

-The Mod Squad challenges are open until the following Monday night so we have time to choose and post winners.

-Winners will be chosen from among the entries submitted in time.


5 comments:

  1. Hi there, I'm so sorry to bother you. I added my blog post with my card (I'm No. 2 - Shona Chambers) for this challenge but the photo is really bothering me. I've taken a much better photo and updated the post on my blog but just wondered how I can get this updated on the challenge link??? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shona.....you should be able to just upload it again as a new photo...I haven't tried that before....we'll keep an eye out for it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love paper piecing Tricia! Great challenge! And awesome prize! Woohoo! Love the first week of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the fun challenge Tricia, and your pieced butterfly is beautiful! Great inspiration for all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to this blog challenge. I was just wondering if the entries need to be cards or can they be any paper projects? Under the rules is says, "Please create a new card/project for each challenge." but everywhere else it seems to say just "card." Just curious! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete